For starters here is one of the recent pictures of my progress... (32 weeks on the 12th)

We had our 2nd ultrasound last week (Wednesday, Oct 19), mainly to do a follow-up on Brysen's organs to make sure everything developed the way its suppose to. He again put on quiet the show for the lady doing the ultrasound, to the point where he made it hard for her to get the images that our Doctor requested (mainly his heart). He again made it very clear that he was a little boy and not afraid to show himself off. Im hoping this doesn't mean that we will have a streaker on our hands in the future. But if nothing else he is a very energetic little boy right now....well becoming not so little because whatever weight I am gaining latley is sure not showing on me, so its got to be him.

I was fighting a cold last week when this ^ one was taken, I felt very icky and it probably shows.
Last Friday (Oct 21) my work threw me a little suprise baby shower in-leu of our regular office luncheon. I didn't suspect a thing.

Everyone seemed very helpful that day in just trying to keep me from doing much of anything. Which is becoming normal because things are getting harder for me to do, but I still thought it a little out of the ordinary. Anyway, it was a nice little suprise that I definately was not expecting and everyone got us something that we needed for the baby. Granted a couple of them had access to my baby registry due to getting one put together for the baby shower that my mother is throwing for us here in about 2 weeks. If you are wondering why we are having it so late (I'll be pushing 36-37 weeks) its because we had to keep moving it around due to conflicts with church activities, etc. Any who, I thought it was really nice gesture from everyone at work and despite the fact that I am not use to being the center of attention (that and I don't like to be, I get really uncomfortable)...it was nice to be pampered for once. So thanks guys and gals :)
Tuesday we had our "every 2 weeks" doctor's appointment, which technically it had been 3 weeks since we had last been in because we had to reschedule last weeks due to our Dr was in the middle of delivering babies that evening...blah,blah,blah....anyway I had only gained 3 pounds since the last dr appointment and like I said before, that weight has got to be all baby cause its not me. But they were not too concerned with that, they mainly just don't want to see me losing any weight.
Brysen is head-down already and has been for at least the past week. He was that way I had the ultrasound back on the 19th. He hasn't dropped yet, so thankfully he is not ready to come yet. Course I don't know that he will because I feel like he is already taking up every inch of space inside me. I feel like I have become a human punching bag. I now feel every little move, swish, kick, punch, hiccup, etc. And he moves around a lot right now and has for several weeks. My ribs and back are really starting to feel the strain that my body is going through right now, thankfully I am feel pretty good most days and am still able to work full time.
Ryan and I both still feel like we have a lot to do and get accomplished before Brysen gets here. We have yet to finish painting the trim white in the baby's room,it was this yucky pinkish-brown tone that I don't know who in their right mind would like to begin with and it just didn't look right. So far what we have painted has really brightened up the room in addition to the natural light of the windows that is, which I have yet to find curtains for...ugh I'm about to go out and find some bed sheets in the color I want and make-shift some curtains....lol :)
But yeah, as you can tell the room is dark, there is no lighting in it besides the windows, so we are on the hunt for a floor lamp to put in their for light in the winter, considering we are going to probably put heavy curtains or whatever I can come up with over the windows so its not drafty for the little tike. Don't need Brysen freezing thru the winter. There is a heater vent in there, but the room seems to be the coolest in the house from what we have notice so far. But anyway, I'll take some new pictures of it once we get the room put back together. Ryan pulled pretty much everything out so he could get to all the trim better. But that's an update for another day...



1 comment:
I had my baby shower about 4 weeks before I had the baby so it's not too crazy. Good idea to do bed sheets for curtains -- I might have to do that too. When we lived in Columbus NONE of the rooms had floor lamps. We ended up finding some at Big Lots for like $10 each. They aren't the greatest, but they did the job.
Post a Comment