Friday, August 7, 2009

Alli's Attempts At Cooking

For those of you that don't know, I'm not big on the whole making dinner and cooking stuff. I'd rather bake bread and cookies. So I've been trying to get in the habit of cooking more often for us and so far my attempts have gone over well with Ryan.
Here's 2 of the recipes that I have tried and I included the picture from the recipe book or website, cause I didn't think to take pictures of my own completed creation. Besides, it never looks like it does in the cookbook, but gives you an idea anyway :)

Super-Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet.....This was really, really yummy. And I think it looked a whole lot better than what this pictures shows. We also opted out on the salsa, because we didn't have any.

Here's the recipe.
Super-Easy Chicken Enchilada Skillet (from KraftFoods Magazine/ or online)
1 Tbsp. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing
2 Tbsp. flour
6 flour tortillas (6 inch), cut into small pieces
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
1/2 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

HEAT oil in large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.

MIX broth, dressing and flour until well blended; gradually add to chicken, stirring constantly. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 min. Stir in tortilla pieces.

SPRINKLE with cheese; cover. Simmer 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with salsa.



Green-Bean Casserole. This is in the oven right now. So we'll let you know how it turns out.


Recipe: Green Bean Casserole (from Betty Crocker Cookbook)
2cans (14.5 oz each) Green Giant® French-style green beans, drained
1can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4cup milk
1can (2.8 oz) French-fried onions








Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™




1.Heat oven to 350°F. In 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish, mix green beans, soup and milk.
2.Bake 20 to 25 minutes, topping with onions during last 5 minutes of baking, until bubbly.

No comments: