Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Nauvoo Weekend - by: Allison Rosenlund

As some of you may already know, Ryan and I went to Nauvoo, IL this past weekend. We left Friday afternoon and walked around Nauvoo for a little while that evening before going back to our motel in Keokuk, IA for a swim before the pool closed. First swim of the season!
Saturday morning we went back to Nauvoo to go to the temple. We were joined there by my parents, who came to be with me while I received my endowments. It was a wonderful experience to be in the temple again with both my parents. I don't think I have done that since I did baptisms as a youth. Getting my endowments was a wonderful spiritual experience. I was truly grateful for having both my parents and my husband there to greet me in the Celestial room. I felt so full of peace, love and joy. I burst into tears each time someone different hugged me. I will never forget the way I felt in the temple that day. It will be a strength to me when I am struggling through life's ups and downs. Thank You everyone for all your love and support that brought me to this wonderful experience in my life. My knowledge of the gospel is expanding and everything is starting to make more sense...getting a glimpse of the bigger picture and I'm loving it. I am really looking forward to being sealed to my husband Ryan in the Manti Temple later this summer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some pictures that we took while on our little mini-vacation to Nauvoo. Enjoy!

FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2009

Driving along side the Mississippi River on the way into Nauvoo


Coming around the corner the temple comes into sight :)


Nauvoo Illinois Temple


Pretty Temple Pic

After several tries of trying to get pics of ourselves on our own a lady offered to take some for us. And I must say these look a lot better than our originals.


SATURDAY, JUNE 27, 2009



Funny pic, because my Dad has this look on his face like he's saying "just take the picture already. I'm hot and tired and want out of this suit"


Ryan and Me posing for the camera after receiving my endowments


.....and sneaking in a kiss or two


Alli posin for the camera.....


Takin a picture of Ryan, taking a picture :)


Ryan at the grave stone of Hyrum, Joseph and Emma. (Something we didn't realize till after the fact, while we were walking through the Smith Family Cemetery: Joseph and Hyrum were martyred on June 27....I received my endowments in Nauvoo on June 27. Interesting. At least we thought so.)


Looking out to the river from the Smith Family Cemetery


A few last pictures of Nauvoo as we are taking one last look at the temple site before heading home to Missouri.

No comments: